Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Is there a difference between 720p and 1080p HDTVs when playing a Playstation 3?

Q. except that 1080p HDTVs are bigger in size. Is the quality in HD different. Because in my room i dont think i can afford/fit a 40 inch 1080p TV. So is there a difference between 720p and 1080p ? Also 16:9 is best right ?

A. 1080p, in the simplest terms, means there are 1080 lines of vertical resolution, progressively scanned.

720p means the same, but 720 lines. Smaller TV's, say 32" and smaller, 1080p vs 720p, the difference is tough to notice. A bigger TV, having more lines is better.

I have a 32" LCD, and I honestly can't tell 720p and 1080p apart on games. I KNOW there is a difference there, but I just can't see it. Blu-Rays, on the other hand, have a definite difference.

Don't worry about fitting a 40" TV in your room. Get whatever size you'd like, and 720p will still look great.

1080p IS a higher quality to be sure, just so I'm clear on that. Enjoy!!


What's the difference like when playing blu ray on a 720p hdtv rather than a 1080p?
Q. i have a 42" samsung 720p lcd hdtv. is it still worth getting a blu ray player?

is there a noticeable or big difference between using a 720p and 1080p when playing blu ray?

A. most won't tell the difference for 1080p until you get over a certain size and distance from the screen.

Most would agree that 1080p after 46" starts to be a "must have". your under that so it really depends on your player and tv set.

don't listen to the guy talking about hdmi being the only way to get HD. I use component just fine for my ps3 and other blu ray players. I don't even have a 1080p set but I prefer my "tweaked avia set" over those over blown contrast sets you get these days. It's all preference.

I run mine at 1080i and 720p.

Hdmi is by far the cheapest way to go since it's one cable and you don't have to worry about shielding as much as a component cable.

There is a difference from HD over cable/sat, Over the Air (OTA), and blu ray/ HD dvd. Watch the bit rate stream. PS3 lets you watch it as it is playing. Cable/Sat is capped and OTA is generally better if you have a good signal since it's not as compressed.


Why does my hdtv screen change sizes during videogames?
Q. When I play black ops on my ps3 the screen changes sizes like it's fluctuating and it's really annoying because screen stretches beyond what's visible and than will be normally every couple of minutes. I don't have any hdmi cables or anything if that helps.

A. Try adjusting contrast level.
Thanks.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment