Wednesday, May 15, 2013

If I want to buy a Blu-Ray DVD to watch movies, should I buy the PS3 or Blu-Ray player?

Q. I've already own a Xbox 360 with a HD-DVD already & I enjoy it. I I love to watch movies allot & I want to buy a Blu-Ray but, which Blu-Ray should I buy that you recommend? And for the PS3 owners, is the PS3 Blu-Ray is it "SONY BLU-RAY" or it is just regular Blu-Ray? And is it reliable then the other Blu-Ray players? Example like Philip Blu-Ray or Panasonic Blu-Ray?

-I have a Hitachi HDTV with 50 inch screen & resolution of 1080i.

A. ps3 has a hell of a lot more features than a regular blu-ray player, just as u use xb360 to view HD DVD, use ps3 to view blu-ray content. also the recent update 1.80 enables u to upscale regular dvd and older games resolution to HD 1080i/1080p.


How will my blue ray player work?
Q. Hey, I'm getting the Sony BDP-S350 for christmas. I have a 27'inch SANYO with 720pix. How will the clarity be? Will I see an improvement? Will I be disappointed?

Also I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP downstairs. How will it work on that tv.

Thanks!

A. on a 27" 720p you might see slight improvement in colour (Blu-ray uses a different colour space than DVD) and that's about it. Not worth the extra cost for Blu-ray. On a 50" you should see improvement, but on a rear projector it'll be less than on a same sized good 1080p flatscreen.

Far too many people are falling into the Blu-ray trap. Under the right conditions it's great .... but unless you have a good moderate size (minimum 37") HDTV you won't benefit visually, and without a good surround sound system you won't benefit from improved sound formats. On the other hand disks are much more expensive than the same movie on DVD, load slower, suffer from DRM woes (some disks won't play on some players) and questionable 'improvements' to special effects.


How can i make my tv hdtv?
Q. i just bout a 50 inch hd plasma tv yesterday and i thought it would make my basic cable look wonderful. the tv only looks good on movies gaming and sum channels. how can i like make all of my channels hd?

A. Your HDTV plays back what you feed into it. On its own, it does not make anything HD. In order to view HD content on it you need to hook-up an HD capable device. You then feed your HDTV an HD signal and voila, you have HD viewing.

For cable/satellite, you need to contact your provider. Most require that you use an special HD capable set top box. You might already have cable/satellite box, but you should call your provider and see if its HD capable or not (you might only have a SD one right now). They can provide you all the information you need.

Please be aware that not all channels are available in HD. Not all broadcasters have started providing an HD option. The major networks have, but some niche channels have not. So depending on what your viewing habits are, some channels might not be available in HD in any way shape or form. So they will look a bit soft on your new TV. Most HDTV owners just get used to it over time.

Alternatively, you can get HD viewing on your new TV using a BluRay player and BluRay discs. So you might want to consider picking a nice entry level BluRay player like a PS3 Slim, Panasonic BMP60, Sony S360, or such (read reviews on cnet.com).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment